Wednesday Bird Walks
The Stanton Bird Club is pleased to announce our 10th year of Guided Bird Walks in the Lewiston / Auburn area. All walks are free and open to everyone, beginning naturalist to advanced birder. Walks are led by Stan and Joan DeOrsey, who identify and comment on birds seen and heard.
Anyone interested in walking, seeing new places, fresh air, and nature is welcomed. Walks are held in a variety of interesting and diverse local habitats, plus some areas less often visited. Please mark your calendar and join us every other Wednesday on the dates listed, or pick and choose the one or two which most interest you.
May 2 Papermill Trail, Lisbon
Meet at the boat launch parking lot at Frost Hill Rd. on Route 196, Lisbon
May 16 Bill Sylvester’s home, Auburn
Meet at the Sylvester home, 1128 Riverside Dr., Auburn at 7:30am
May 30 Chuck Peter’s home, New Gloucester
Meet at the Peter’s home, 40 Underpass Rd. off Cobbs Bridge Rd. immediately on the right after the railroad underpass
June 13 Androscoggin Riverlands State Park, Turner
Meet at the boat launch on the west end of the Center Bridge Rd. bridge, Turner
June 27 Brunswick Landing, Brunswick (old Naval Air Station)
Meet in the parking area on the right beyond the entrance off the Bath Rd., Brunswick
July 11 Fitzgerald Preserve, Brunswick
Meet at the preserve, turn left at Lowe’s traffic light on Bath Rd. onto Old Bath Rd. Continue 1.3 miles to Lindbergh Crossing on right, park along this road.
July 25 Riverside Trail, Lewiston
Meet at the corner of Winter and Whipple Streets. in Lewiston at Sunnyside Park
- All meeting locations will be at the individual walk site listed
- All meeting times will be at the location at 8am. Walks end by 11am, but you may leave early.
- Walk will be held even if it is drizzling, but if there is a steady rain at 7AM and it is projected to continue to 10AM, the walk is canceled.
- Walks are approximately 2 miles on an even and basically dry surface.
- Bring binoculars and dress for the weather; layers work very well.
- For any questions, call Stan or Joan DeOrsey at 406-4741 or e-mail [email protected]