Wednesday Bird Walks
The Stanton Bird Club is pleased to announce our 10th year of Guided Bird Walks in the Lewiston / Auburn area. All walks are free and open to everyone, beginning naturalist to advanced birder. Walks are led by Stan and Joan DeOrsey, who identify and comment on birds seen and heard.
Anyone interested in walking, seeing new places, fresh air, and nature is welcomed. Walks are held in a variety of interesting and diverse local habitats, plus some areas less often visited. Please mark your calendar and join us every other Wednesday on the dates listed, or pick and choose the one or two which most interest you.
Aug. 9 Thorncrag Nature Sanctuary, Lewiston for summer residents.
Meet at the Thorncrag parking lot off Montello St. near Highland Spring Rd.
Aug. 23 St. Peter’s Cemetery, Lewiston for summer residents.
Enter on Deer Rd. off outer Main St. and continue straight to the far end of the upper cemetery beyond the mausoleum.
Sept. 6 Pineland Farms, New Gloucester for fall migrants.
Park by the Welcome Center at the entrance from Morse Rd. off Rt. 231.
Sept. 20 Whitman Spring Trail, Auburn for fall migrants.
Park on Holbrook Rd. at North Auburn Rd. (not in the Land Lab driveway).
Oct. 4 Packard-Littlefield Farm, Lisbon for fall migrants.
Meet at the Farm, 76 Littlefield Rd., Lisbon.
Oct. 18 Sabattus Pond, Sabattus for migrating ducks.
Park in the Sabattus Antique Mall parking lot, 519 Sabattus Rd. (Rt. 126).
- All meeting locations will be at the individual walk site listed
- All meeting times will be at the location at 8am. Walks end by 11am, but you may leave early.
- Walk will be held even if it is drizzling, but if there is a steady rain at 7AM and it is projected to continue to 10AM, the walk is canceled.
- Walks are approximately 2 miles on an even and basically dry surface.
- Bring binoculars and dress for the weather; layers work very well.
- For any questions, call Stan or Joan DeOrsey at 406-4741 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.