Wednesday Bird Walks
The Stanton Bird Club is pleased to announce our 11th year of Guided Bird Walks in the Lewiston / Auburn area. All walks are free and open to everyone, beginning naturalist to advanced birder. Walks are led by Stan and Joan DeOrsey, who identify and comment on birds seen and heard.
Anyone interested in walking, seeing new places, fresh air, and nature is welcomed. Walks are held in a variety of interesting and diverse local habitats, plus some areas less often visited. Please mark your calendar and join us every other Wednesday on the dates listed, or pick and choose the one or two which most interest you.
Aug. 8 Pineland Farm, New Gloucester
Meet at the Market and Welcome Center just off Morse Rd.
Aug. 18 SATURDAY St. Peter’s Cemetery, Lewiston
Enter the cemetery from Deer Rd. off outer Main St. and proceed to the far end beyond
the mausoleum. Note SATURDAY, there is no Wednesday walk on Aug. 22.
Sept. 5 No Wednesday walk this week
Sept. 19 YMCA property, 167 Stetson Rd., Auburn
Property is on the right before Schooner Estates. Park on gravel / grass at entrance.
Oct. 3 Androscoggin River Trail, Lisbon
Meet in parking area for Papermill Trail at the boat launch, Rt. 196 at Frost Hill Ave.
Oct. 17 Packard-Littlefield Farm, Lisbon
Meet at the farm on Littlefield Rd. off of Rt. 196
Oct. 31 Sabattus Pond, Sabattus
Meet in the parking lot of the Sabattus Antique Mall on Rt. 126
All meeting locations will be at the individual walk site listed
- All meeting times will be at the location at 8am. Walks end by 11am, but you may leave early.
- Walk will be held even if it is drizzling, but if there is a steady rain at 7AM and it is projected to continue to 10AM, the walk is canceled.
- Walks are approximately 2 miles on an even and basically dry surface.
- Bring binoculars and dress for the weather; layers work very well.
- For any questions, call Stan or Joan DeOrsey at 406-4741 or e-mail [email protected]