Wednesday Bird Walks
All walks are free and open to everyone, beginning naturalist to advanced birder. Walks are led by Stan and Joan DeOrsey, who identify and comment on birds seen and heard.
Anyone interested in walking, seeing new places, fresh air, and nature is welcomed. Walks are held in a variety of interesting and diverse local habitats, plus some areas less often visited. Please mark your calendar and join us every other Wednesday on the dates listed, or pick and choose the one or two which most interest you.
October 12 Packard-Littlefield Farm, Lisbon
October 26 Sabattus Pond
- Meeting Locations, as noted above: Please park away from the business parking.
-Promenade Mall parking lot, near Staples, 855 Lisbon St., Lewiston.
– Food City Shopping Center, 583 Lisbon St., Lisbon Falls.
- All walks leave at 8AM to be at the walk site at 8:20AM. Walks end by 11AM, but you may leave early.
- Walk will be held even if it is drizzling, but if there is a steady rain at 7AM and it is projected to continue to 10AM, the walk is canceled.
- Walks are approximately 2 miles on an even and basically dry surface.
- Bring binoculars and dress for the weather; layers work very well.
- For any questions, call Stan or Joan DeOrsey at 406-4741 or e-mail email@example.com.