Wednesday Bird Walks
The Stanton Bird Club is pleased to announce our 11th year of Guided Bird Walks in the Lewiston / Auburn area. All walks are free and open to everyone, beginning naturalist to advanced birder. Walks are led by Stan and Joan DeOrsey, who identify and comment on birds seen and heard.
Anyone interested in walking, seeing new places, fresh air, and nature is welcomed. Walks are held in a variety of interesting and diverse local habitats, plus some areas less often visited. Please mark your calendar and join us every other Wednesday on the dates listed, or pick and choose the one or two which most interest you.
Papermill Trail, Lisbon Meet at the boat launch parking lot at Frost Hill Rd. on Route 196, Lisbon
Brunswick Landing, Brunswick (old Naval Air Station) Meet in the parking area on the right ½ mile beyond the entrance off the Bath Rd.
Bill Sylvester’s home, Auburn Meet at the Sylvester home, 1128 Riverside Dr., Auburn
Ina Small’s home, Litchfield Meet at the Small home, 476 Pine Tree Rd., Litchfield
Chuck Peters’ home, New Gloucester Meet at the Peter’s home, 40 Underpass Rd. off Cobbs Bridge Rd. immediately on the right after the railroad underpass
Whitman Spring Road, Auburn Meet at the trail, park on Holbrook Rd. at North Auburn
Woodbury, Monmouth Meet at the parking area on Carver Rd. off Route Me 126, South Monmouth
Sherwood Forest, Auburn Meet and park beyond the school on Sherwood Dr. at 19th St., Auburn
Fitzgerald Preserve, Brunswick Meet and park on the entrance road, “Lindbergh Landing” (Lindbergh Crossing) off the Old Bath Rd.
Riverside Trail, Lewiston Meet at the corner of Winter and Whipple Streets. in Lewiston at Sunnyside Park
- All meeting times will be at the location at 8am. Walks end by 11am, but you may leave early.
- Walk will be held even if it is drizzling, but if there is a steady rain at 7AM and it is projected to continue to 10AM, the walk is canceled.
- Walks are approximately 2 miles on an even and basically dry surface.
- Bring binoculars and dress for the weather; layers work very well.
- For any questions, call Stan or Joan DeOrsey at 406-4741 or e-mail [email protected]